CERLAC (the Centre for Research on Latin America and the Caribbean at York University) solicits applications to a scholarship fund intended to support the research of PhD students whose work is of relevance to Caribbean Studies.
The Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies
Application deadline: April 1, 2016
The Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies is intended to support PhD students at York University whose research is related to Caribbean studies so that they might focus on research during the fieldwork phase of their studies or while writing their thesis. Recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, significance of proposed research, likelihood of completion, and financial need. Preference will be given to a PhD student whose dissertation proposal has been accepted.
The 2016 award consists of $5,000.
Interested applicants will be required to provide a nomination package to the Centre for Research on Latin America & the Caribbean (CERLAC) no later than April 1, 2016 in order to be considered for this scholarship.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- a statement (no longer than three pages) outlining the areas of research and the importance of this research as it relates to Caribbean studies. Also, please include a clear statement of your financial needs and a timeline of how you envision finishing your degree,
- a sample of your research,
- a current CV,
- academic transcripts (can be submitted up to 1 weeks after the application deadline)
- two letters of reference; and
- Applicants must also complete the Student Financial Profile (SFP). You can find that form here: http://gradstudies.yorku.ca/files/2014/07/entrance-financial-profile.pdf
Send applications to:
8th Floor, Kaneff Tower
4700 Keele Street
Preference will be given to a PhD candidate (applications from Master students will not be considered) with an approved dissertation proposal on file with the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies, for distribution in the Summer term for the year of consideration. By virtue of applying for this scholarship, students agree to share their statements with the donor who has established the scholarship.
Applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information on this scholarship.